Home Insurance Program
A program duly approved by the Shraiah Committee for the provision of protection to residential buildings and their contents against natural disasters such as earthquakes storms. It covers losses resulting from fire, explosion, theft or any incidents leading to the deterioration or damage to the house according to the terms, conditions and exclusions set forth in the insurance policy.
The Value of The Program Cover
The maximum limit of insurance cover is determined on the basis of the house insured value and that of its contents based on reasonable estimates, in addition to the benefit of third party liability, liability to domestic employees and the value of additional expenses to find alternative accommodation in the event of damage to the insured dwelling. The compensation is made on the basis of repair, replacement or monetary compensation.
The policy covers, according to the client choices, either the buildings or contents, or both of them; and the insured perils include:
- Fire, lightning, explosion, earthquake
- Storm and flood
- Bursting or overflowing of water tanks, apparatus or pipes
- Impact or collision involving any animal, land vehicle, aircraft or other aerial device or anything falling from them
- Riot, strike, labour disturbances and civil commotion
International Travel Insurance Program
A program duly approved by the Shraiah Committee for the provision of insurance cover for travelers on international flights in respect of the risks related to travel outside Saudi Arabia, as the travelers may suffer losses due to a series of incidents such as the cancellation or curtailment of the trip, missed departure, loss of baggage, delayed baggage or its arrival in appropriate time. It also includes coverage for emergency medical expenses, personal accident, or personal public liability according to the terms, conditions and exclusions set forth in the insurance policy.
The program Limits
The maximum limit of compensation paid by the company to the Insured differs in accordance with type of insurance cover provided under the Travel Insurance Policy. The company has identified the amount of compensation so that it starts from SR 920 (compensation for the delayed baggage), and up to SR 3,000,000 (compensation for emergency medical expenses). Each cover included in the Policy has a different limit of compensation.
Medical Malpractice Insurance Program
A program protects those persons practicing medical professions from the risks associated with their work, and the legal third party liability that may arise out of any error, negligence or omission incurred during the performance of their work according to the terms, conditions and exclusions set forth in the insurance policy.
This program has been duly approved by the Shariah Committee for rendering the insurance cover available amongst 4 options of compensation limits required pursuant to your needs. You can also obtain one insurance cover for up to 5 years with no intermittence.
Persons Eligible For This Program
- Surgeons, obstetrics & gynecology and anesthesia specialists
- Doctors of other medical categories
- Nurses and technicians
- Paramedics and technicians
The value of the program cover
The program covers the amount of indemnities decided by virtue of an official verdict pronounced by the competent courts or legal authorities versus the Insured who causes medical harm to the patient arising out of an error or negligence or omissions during his practicing to his profession. This indemnity reaches up to a maximum limit ranging between SR 100,000 and SR 1000,000 per one occurrence or in the annual aggregate in accordance with the policy terms and conditions.
This includes any physical or mental injury to any patient committed by the Insured in the course of his work due to negligence, omission or error or be linked to the medical profession practiced in Saudi Arabia. The insurance cover available under this Program is for 4 options of compensation limits required.
The cover includes all defense costs incurred with the Company’s consent in respect of any claim, provided that the total amount payable in respect of damages shall not exceed the payable limits of indemnity.
Advantages of the program
- The policy is compatible with the laws and regulations of the Saudi Commission for Health Specialties
- The policy provides protection against the financial consequences arising out from any error, omission or negligence committed in practicing the medical profession
- The Insured’s legal liability towards the third parties is covered for all financial amounts and legal costs pronounced against him
- Proving the existence of insurance cover protects the Insured in the case he/ she has been deprived or prohibited from traveling outside the Kingdom during the course of any lawsuit versus him/ her
Shop Owners' Insurance Program
A program duly approved by the Shraiah Committee which provides comprehensive insurance cover to all types of shops except for some activities excluded in the insurance policy. The policy includes standard cover against fire, lightning and theft as well as the possibility of compensation for leasing an alternative unit in case the business premises are exposed to damages or losses.
Cost of Insurance
The cost of program cover or sum insured is determined on the basis of actual value of insured shop and its contents, or on the basis of new property replacement value. Whatever the basis on which the compensation is chosen, it should be enough to cover the total value of the insured shop at the time of the loss.
- Consequential Damages and Losses
The standard policy covers losses and damages exposed by the commercial shops as result of:
- Fire and lighting
- Theft following actual forcible and violent breaking into or out of the Premises
- Some additional perils such as explosion, aircraft, impact by road vehicles, earthquakes, riots, strikes, malicious damages, windstorms, floods, burst pipes and theft
- Plate Glass
The Program covers breakage of fixed plate if it is broken from any cause not excluded in the policy.
Covers loss of money (or cash) whether in Transit or at safe on the premises.
- Goods in Transit
Covers loss or damage to the stock and materials in trade relating to the business whilst it is being conveyed in one of the Insured’s own motor vehicles from the time the property leaves the place of loading until arrival at eh place of discharge and directly attributable to the fire, lighting, overturning of the motor vehicle, collision and theft.
- Public Liability
Indemnifies shop owners for any accidental bodily injury or damage to property of third parties caused in connection with the business, but excluding liability arising out of the supply of products.
- Personal Accident
Covers named employees if they sustain accidental bodily injury that results in their death or permanent disablement.
- Fidelity Guarantee
Covers loss of money or other property belonging to the shop owner as the direct result of any act of fraud or dishonesty committed by any named employee.
- Deterioration of Refrigerated Stock
Covers stock damaged by putrefaction whilst in the cold chamber of any refrigerating machine due to the rise of temperature resulting from the breakdown of such machine or the failure of power supplied by the relevant authority.
- Workmen Compensation
Covers your liability under Workmen Compensation Law to named employees for any accidental injury or disease arising out of and in the course of their employment in your business.
- Medical Malpractice Insurance (for pharmacists only)
This cover is confined to the pharmacists’ liability resulting out of any error or negligence relating to the exercise of their profession in the insured premises.
Advantages of The Program
- Provides insurance cover to all commercial shops except some specific business activities.
- Ensures the quick return of shops for transacting their business activities and thus protects the money invested.
- Provides for shop owners the financial security desired in case of accidents.
- Provides professional team of specialists in risk management to review the shops in order to assess the risks faced accurately and makes sound recommendations to control these risks and mitigate losses.
The program is available at reasonable prices to commensurate the actual risk covered by insurance.